1.1 NOVA8 Pte. Ltd. (“NOVA8”, “we”, “our” or “us”) is in the business of providing professional project management, contract management and consulting services. See www.nova8.co for further details about our service offerings.
1.2 We are committed to ensuring that when we collect and use information provided to us (whether publicly available or otherwise) or information about visitors to our website, we do so in accordance with all applicable data protection and data privacy laws.
- www.nova8.co (including content under sub-domains of www.nova8.co); and
- any other website, mobile application or other online service created or hosted by us from time to time on which this
(collectively, our “Online Services”).
We may need to collect certain details from you through our Online Services if, for example, you want to apply for a job or subscribe to our publications.
3. INFORMATION COLLECTION
3.1 General: We will collect personal information directly from you, from clients or from authorised representatives. We may also collect personal information from third parties such as regulatory authorities, your employer, other organisations with whom you have dealings, government agencies, credit reporting agencies, recruitment agencies, information or service providers, publicly available records and the third parties described in the “Disclosure of your Information” section below. We will handle any unsolicited information in accordance with law, including destroying or de-identifying such information where we are required to do so by a relevant law. We may collect current and historical personal information including your name, contact details, identification, organisation, employment, positions held and enquiry/complaint details. We may also collect personal information about your other dealings with us and our clients, including any contact we have with you in person, by telephone, email or online.
3.2 Online Services: When you use our Online Services, we may collect the following:
- Information you provide by completing forms (this includes information you give us when registering for any of our Online Services, subscribing to our services, submitting material or requesting further services);
- Information you provide to us if you contact us, for example to report a problem with our Online Services or raise a query or comment; and
- Details of visits made to our Online Services including, but not limited to, the volume of traffic received, logs (including, where available, the IP address and location of the device connecting to the Online Services and other technical information and identifiers about the device and the nature of the visit) and the resources accessed.
3.3 Recruitment: If you apply for a job or work placement you may need to provide information about your education, employment, racial background and state of health. Your application will constitute your express consent to our use of this information to assess your application and to allow us to carry out both recruitment analytics and any monitoring activities which may be required of us under applicable law as an employer. We may also carry out screening checks (including reference, background, directorship, financial probity, identity, eligibility to work, vocational suitability and criminal record checks) and consider you for other positions. We may exchange your personal information with academic institutions, recruiters, screening check providers, health service providers, professional and trade associations, law enforcement agencies, recruitment analytics providers, referees and your current and previous employers. Without your personal information, we may not be able to progress considering you for positions with us.
4. USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
4.1 We use your information where it is necessary for the establishment and/or performance of a contract with you or necessary in connection with a legal obligation, where you have provided your consent to such use, or where we otherwise consider such use of your information as not detrimental to you, within your reasonable expectations and necessary to fulfil our legitimate interests. In particular, we use your information in order to provide you with, and improve, our services, for example:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered/to be entered into between you and us;
- To facilitate our internal business operations, including to fulfil our legal requirements (including in relation to anti-money laundering) and professional obligations;
- To maintain and develop our relationship with you;
- To provide you on an ongoing basis with information and services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you as permitted under applicable law, and to measure the popularity and effectiveness of services, in order to improve what we offer to you and other recipients;
- To ensure that content from our Online Services is presented in the most effective and secure manner for you and your device and settings;
- For research, planning, service development, security or risk management;
- To maintain and update our records; and
- To allow you to use or access interactive features or secure areas of our websites when you choose to do so.
We may not be able to do these things without your personal information.
4.2 We will only retain your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary for legal or business purposes. Our Online Services may have different retention periods which you will be notified of separately when you access those services.
5. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
5.1 We own the database rights in the information collected via our Online Services. We do not trade in or rent out this information.
5.2 We may in providing our services and operating our business, allow our offices, branches, subsidiaries and associated firms and our service providers to access your information.
5.3 In addition, we may exchange your personal information with third parties where:
- You have consented to us sharing your personal information in this way;
- We are under a legal, regulatory or professional obligation to do so (for example, in order to comply with anti-money laundering requirements) or in order to enforce our standard terms of business (or other client terms) or to protect the rights and interests, property, or safety of NOVA8, our clients or others;
- All or substantially all the assets of NOVA8 are merged with or acquired by a third party, or we expand or re-organise our business, in which case your personal information may form part of the transferred or merged assets or we may need to transfer your information to new entities or third parties through which our business will be carried out;
- It is relevant in the circumstances to disclose the information to our clients, your place of business, your professional advisers and parties with whom we have co-promotional arrangements (such as jointly sponsored events);
- We provide anonymous statistical information about users of our websites and related usage information to reputable third parties, including analytics and search engine providers; and/or
- We use a third-party service provider to provide services that involve data processing, for example archival, auditing, reference checking, delivery, technology, website, research, banking, payment, client contact, data processing, insurance, forensic, litigation support, marketing and security services.
5.4 Some of the third parties with whom we share personal information may be located outside your country or the country from which the data were provided (collectively the “Jurisdiction of Origin”), including in the countries where NOVA8 has offices or the countries where a firm that we have an association or alliance with has an office. If you have any questions in relation to the transfer of your personal information outside the Jurisdiction of Origin, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
6.1 The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Online Services; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will take reasonable steps to use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. For example, electronic communications through non-secure web platforms including WhatsApp and WeChat may not be secure, virus-free or successfully delivered. If you communicate with us using a non-secure web platform, you assume the risks that such communications between us are intercepted, not received, delayed, corrupted or are received by persons other than the intended recipient.
6.2 We take reasonable steps to hold information securely in electronic or physical form. Our information security policy is supported by a number of security standards, processes and procedures and we store information in access-controlled premises or in electronic databases requiring logins and passwords. We require our third-party data storage providers to comply with appropriate information security industry standards. All directors, staff and third-party providers with access to confidential information are subject to confidentiality obligations.
8. THIRD PARTY SITES
8.1 In addition to our Online Services, which we control directly, we also use and provide links to websites which are controlled by third parties, which may include (but are not limited to) LinkedIn and Breezy HR, where we have certain NOVA8 accounts and profiles.
8.2 If you use or follow a link to any third-party websites, please be aware that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we cannot accept any responsibility for their use of information about you.
9. YOUR RIGHTS
9.1 The privacy laws of some jurisdictions give individuals the right to access, amend or delete their personal information or, in some circumstances, to restrict the processing of their personal information.
9.2 If you would like to request a copy of your data or would like to change or erase all or any part of the information we hold about you, please contact us as set out below. We may refuse to provide access and may charge a fee for access if the relevant legislation allows us to do so, in which case we will provide reasons for our decision as required by applicable law.
9.3 We may send you marketing materials relating to our services by email or post. If, at any time, you would prefer to stop receiving newsletters and updates from us, please use the “unsubscribe” option included in the email or other material.
10. STATUS OF THIS POLICY
11. CONTACT US